Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do you model electrodes in the plasma physics module?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Currently, I can model the gas interactions through using boundaries around empty space as a substitute. But when I add a rectangle where the electrode is supposed to be, I'm getting errors, and I'm not sure of how to resolve this.

Context: Trying to model the cathode surface of a parallel-plate glow discharge. (Right now I'm doing it in 2D-axisymmetric, because it takes less time to know where I messed up)

I've attached both images to better explain what I mean.

2 Replies Last Post 6 ott 2020, 15:17 GMT-4

Posted: 4 years ago 6 ott 2020, 05:11 GMT-4

What errors do you get?

What errors do you get?

Posted: 4 years ago 6 ott 2020, 15:17 GMT-4

For anyone that might have troubles with this in the future. A possible workaround is slicing the plots vertically using revolution 2D close to the surface, and that should give a good approximation.

For anyone that might have troubles with this in the future. A possible workaround is slicing the plots vertically using revolution 2D close to the surface, and that should give a good approximation.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.