Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Assistance needed

Kevin Ngangoum Wanche

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i have 2 heat generation equations containint temperature T as variable. eqn 1= 8.93310^22exp(-16246.317/T[1/K]) being active in the temperature range from 90-120°c eqn 2= 2.09410^22exp(-16246.317/T[1/K]) being active in the temperature range frorm 120-170°c.

How can i enter these two equations in my general heat source term field so that each equation is active throughout its temperature region.

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 21 ott 2020, 10:36 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 21 ott 2020, 10:36 GMT-4

You can embed Boolean quantities in your expressions. For example,will evaluate to 1 if a is greater than b, and 0 if a is not greater than b. So you can write expressions like: . This will evaluate to 6 if a is greater than b, but only 1 if a is not greater than b. You can create similar expresssions involving T in your problem.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can embed Boolean quantities in your expressions. For example, (a>b) will evaluate to 1 if a is greater than b, and 0 if a is not greater than b. So you can write expressions like: MyVar=1+5*(a>b). This will evaluate to 6 if a is greater than b, but only 1 if a is not greater than b. You can create similar expresssions involving T in your problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.