Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetostrictive effect in position sensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to use the magnetostriction physics in COMSOL5.5 to simulate the excitation process of magnetostrictive displacement sensor.I hope the pulse current can excite torsional waves in the waveguide wire(this is made of magnetostrictive materials). The model contains a waveguide wire ,a ring magnet and air domain, and then a axial rectangular pulse(duration of pulse is 5us) is introduced in the wire. I've seen the official model about nonlinear magnetostrictive transducer.I've tried many times but the result does not converge. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? Are there any special setup skills in this model?

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 30 nov 2020, 04:14 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Wenxuan Zheng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.