Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import Parasolid or STEP model with Part Names to Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello dears,

I have an issue to import Parasolid (x_t.) model to Comsol together with part names. I have done some work on pre-processing to link Comsol domain indexes with excel spreadsheet where information about materials is inserted. However, when I update model in SolidWorks all indexes are changing in Comsol and I need to reupdate everything in excel. The question is it possible to somehow import x_t file together with part-names and another step is it possible to link this names to specific domains, that they won't change if the model is been updated. P.S. The goal is to make indexes permament for specifc domains and when model is imported again with some additional changes, indexes for previous domains remain the same.

If someone could answer any of the asked questions I would appreaciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance dear Comsol community!

0 Replies Last Post 15 dic 2020, 05:11 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lev Son

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.