Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I need to find current in Amperes from current density A/m^2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working with thermoelectric generator and I have applied temprature difference on top and side and bottom side of ceramic plates. After I solve, I get the electric potential and current density but I am interested in Current in Amperes and not in Amperes / m^2. Can anyone help?

1 Reply Last Post 29 dic 2020, 14:38 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 29 dic 2020, 14:38 GMT-5

You need to integrate your current density across a cross-sectional surface (presumably one normal to it). There are a number of ways to do that. If you don't already have that surface defined in your problem, you can add a 3D cut-plane. You can do such integrals post-solving. Go to Results --> Derived Values, right-click on that and choose Integration, then Surface Integration, then choose Cut Plane 1 from the Dataset pulldown under Data in the Settings panel. Alternatively, you can also set up Probes that integrate quantities of interest over various surfaces that you specify.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You need to integrate your current density across a cross-sectional surface (presumably one normal to it). There are a number of ways to do that. If you don't already have that surface defined in your problem, you can add a 3D cut-plane. You can do such integrals post-solving. Go to Results --> Derived Values, right-click on that and choose Integration, then Surface Integration, then choose Cut Plane 1 from the Dataset pulldown under Data in the Settings panel. Alternatively, you can also set up Probes that integrate quantities of interest over various surfaces that you specify.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.