Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

General problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I cannot upload anymore my CAD file in COMSOL. The error message is the following:

Feature: Assembly Could not obtain license for CAD Import Module. License error: -4. Licensed number of users already reached. Note: CAD Import Module functionality is included in the Design Module and the LiveLink products for CAD. Licensed number of users already reached. Feature: CADIMPORT License path: C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL55\Multiphysics\license\license.dat; FlexNet Licensing error:-4,132

It is strange because it has always worked and now I always get this message and I haven't changed anything.

1 Reply Last Post 4 gen 2021, 11:18 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 4 gen 2021, 11:18 GMT-5

Hello Damiano,

The likely explanation is that you are using a multiseat floating network license that has more seats of the core COMSOL Multiphysics than the total number of seats for the CAD Import Module, Design Module and Livelink products for CAD. When all seats of those products are in use, you will get the error message you included above. You can contact the administrator for the license and ask them to increase the number of seats for the CAD Import Module, Design Module and Livelink products for CAD on the license.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Damiano, The likely explanation is that you are using a multiseat floating network license that has more seats of the core COMSOL Multiphysics than the total number of seats for the CAD Import Module, Design Module and Livelink products for CAD. When all seats of those products are in use, you will get the error message you included above. You can contact the administrator for the license and ask them to increase the number of seats for the CAD Import Module, Design Module and Livelink products for CAD on the license. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.