Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Scattering and Heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm doing the heat transfer caused by light scattering. The first thing is to calculate the 3D scattering of nanoshpere in a uniform medium (water). Then I use the full field pattern which I obtained from scattering result to calculate the heat transfer. I have three problems now. They seem simple, but to me, I can not find the solution.

1. I have drew a sphere medium (water) domain, and choose "full field" from the 'Electromagnetic Wave', after setting the PML and Scattering BC, I find that I don't know how to set the plane wave excitation! I tried to set four inner boundaries of the PML, which are also the outside boundaries of medium domain, as the boundary condition of "Electric Field". But it seems not correct. I also find some one talking about the Port BC, but I don't know how to set it in 3D model. Besides, my geometry is sphere, I'm not sure if it is similar to cube or not when I try to set plane wave excitation.

2. Since I need to use the result from the "Electromagnetic Wave" in the steady-state heat transfer, I chose two physics. But when I try to compute, I'm wandering if the two study step, frequency domain and stationary, will disturb each other.

I attach my file and hope you guys can help me.
Thank you!

Albert,

1 Reply Last Post 8 nov 2016, 03:48 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Albert Chong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 8 nov 2016, 03:48 GMT-5
hi, Do you have solved it ? Now , i meet the same problem.
hi, Do you have solved it ? Now , i meet the same problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.