Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic and electric field for numeric coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am using numeric type coil to model a circular spiral coil and compute the spatial magnetic field using magnetic field physics and the model works fine, ( the model consist of the spiral coil surrounded by sphere that is defined as infinite-boundary layer, the conductance of air is set to 1)

When replacing the magnetic field physics with magnetic and electric field physics to compute the electric field components, I got zero output for both magnetic and electric fields!!

I believe that the problem is with the numeric option as it works fine when I switch the coil type to circular, however, the circular type doesn't model my coil correctly,

Any idea why the magnetic and electric field physics doesn't work with the numeric type coil? Or what extra steps/settings I should change?

0 Replies Last Post 10 gen 2021, 13:19 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fatima Alrashdan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.