Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cell Periodicity applied to buckling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm studying failure mechanism of periodic honeycomb structures. The Cell Periodicity module introduced in Comsol 5.4 was very useful to calculate the homogeneized Young Modulus E. Now I'm trying to use it to study Linear Buckling and plastic collapse but I've been having some issues setting it up. Should I make a new study for Linear Buckling, or is it supposed to go inside the Cell Periodicity study I used for the E Modulus? Should I add a for the buckling or the modulus makes one automatically? is it even ok to use Cell Periodicity for this or should I just use Periodic Boundaries.

If it helps, what I'm trying to do right now is a comparisson with Gibson analytical models of failure of cellular materials with the results of a FEM model: https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0021929004004919-gr6.gif

0 Replies Last Post 21 gen 2021, 06:15 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Santiago Sarasola

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.