Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenfrequency Analysis - Eigenvectors (through Matlab Livelink )

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear people,

I am using Livelink with Matlab to get information relating the DOFs with the mesh nodes. I do an eigenfrequency study and after retrieving info for the mesh, I use mphgetu to get the displacement values.

The results of my calculation are not exactly as I expect them. That is why I tried a second way by saving the parameters directly from the model ( Results\Exports\Data) as suggested in the forum,https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/52431/extracting-eigenvalues-and-eigenvector-using-eigenfrequency-study. By comparing the two cases I found that the values have a slight deviation.

Due to that the exported data directly from the GUI of Comsol have different number of DOFs and I cannot use them as input to my code, I would appreciate if someone sheds some light to this.

Mvh, Theodore

0 Replies Last Post 11 mar 2021, 09:18 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Theodore Bantounas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.