Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Load on a ring

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to apply a load on a ring (with a handle) to make it rotate a certain angle around the cylinder passing through the ring, and then check the strain on the handle?

Hello all,I want to apply a load on a ring (with a handle) to make it rotate a certain angle around the cylinder passing through the ring (in contact with the part of the ring),and then check the strain on the handle. I tried using the solid mechanics part,and all domains are set as assembly, the material is structural steel, the cylinder is set as fixed constraint, the possible contact surface between cylinder and ring is set as contact pair, the friction coefficient is set as 1 under the contact pair, and the force in Y direction of 500N is set on the cross section of the handle, but the strain value on the handle is too large, which is not in line with the expectation.How to fix it? Hope that make sense. I would love to clarify the question, if someone wanna help.

0 Replies Last Post 24 mag 2021, 13:29 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 祥和 刘

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.