Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC/DC EC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

how does the comsol solve it as in below model with AC/DC Electrostatics Physics?

I know how to calculate the electric field E in the coaxial cylindrical body, that is high voltage on the inner surface and low voltage on the outer surface.

but as in below model, the high voltage part is the L-shaped metal in the middle, while the low voltage is only on the horizontal part. So the volateg distribution of the horizontal part is the same as the coaxial cylindrical body.

I just wonder why all body of the vertical part is high voltage as in below image, I just identify the L-shaped metal in the middle as high voltage. Why the high voltage of the vertical part can not couple with the low voltage of the horizontal part?

Whether I used the wrong physics or mayeb some step is wrong or I did not find the preper way to solve it, need your help. Send me email-wangyingyingallok@126.com.Thx.

2 Replies Last Post 22 lug 2021, 23:03 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 22 lug 2021, 16:54 GMT-4

My best guess is that you didn't assign the low voltage potential properly to the outer surface of the vertical part. Check your boundary conditions again. If you still can't find the error, consider posting your .mph file to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
My best guess is that you didn't assign the low voltage potential properly to the outer surface of the vertical part. Check your boundary conditions again. If you still can't find the error, consider posting your .mph file to the forum.

Posted: 3 years ago 22 lug 2021, 23:03 GMT-4

maybe you need to use the PDE Module to solve this problem

maybe you need to use the PDE Module to solve this problem

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.