Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems while using Interpolation function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to use the data output from a Matlab program as a source in my coefficient form PDE using the interpolation function. The data is being distorted by the interpolation function (defined in Global definitions). I am losing the peaks. Please see attachment for how the data looks in Excel vs COMSOL interpolation function. I tried all options in the interpolation and extrapolation drop down menus but unable to obtain a waveform similar to the source.

Any suggestions or ideas to extract the correct waveform into COMSOL?

PS: The original data source had 10000 data points which I could not import into COMSOL. I reduced the dataset to 1600 points without losing the waveform shape and was able to import into COMSOL but not as expected.

Thanks
Deepika

2 Replies Last Post 2 nov 2012, 06:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Deepika Konakanchi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 nov 2012, 23:14 GMT-4
Hi Deepika,
I used to face this problem. In my opinion, I used the data file format *.csv instead of *.xls and it could run well. Hoever, when I tried for the data source with 8e6 data points, it could not run. Anyone have experiences about this, please help us.
Thanks.
Nam
Hi Deepika, I used to face this problem. In my opinion, I used the data file format *.csv instead of *.xls and it could run well. Hoever, when I tried for the data source with 8e6 data points, it could not run. Anyone have experiences about this, please help us. Thanks. Nam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 nov 2012, 06:02 GMT-4
Hello, Deepika,

Your problem seems rather easy, and the COMSOL implementation you show seems rather unbelieveable (or I am mistaken, and sorry for my ignorance). I think that COMSOL's linear interpolation is suitable for you, unless your data are bad sampled. Please, could you attach an ASCII file with your data (better as columns)? Bye.

Jesus.
Hello, Deepika, Your problem seems rather easy, and the COMSOL implementation you show seems rather unbelieveable (or I am mistaken, and sorry for my ignorance). I think that COMSOL's linear interpolation is suitable for you, unless your data are bad sampled. Please, could you attach an ASCII file with your data (better as columns)? Bye. Jesus.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.