Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting Electric Field at Various Phases in One Cycle

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am performing a study of the frequency response of a microwave cavity. I have successfully run several frequency domain studies on it, using coaxial cables as input ports. I then plot the electric field norm on the multislice, and the electric field and magnetic flux density as arrow volumes. The goal is to see the shape of the field at each resonance of the cavity, within a certain window. I have included an example.

However, now I would like to plot the two arrow volumes at different phases in one cycle of the EM wave. Is this possible in Comsol?

Thanks!!

2 Replies Last Post 5 ott 2021, 17:05 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 4 ott 2021, 18:17 GMT-4
Updated: 3 years ago 4 ott 2021, 18:19 GMT-4

Yes, it is possible. Under Results, go to Datasets, then (most probably) Solution 1. In the Settings window, under Solution, you can set the "Solution at angle (phase): " If you want to generate two plots together at different phases, you can simply duplicate Solution 1 (under Results) and set it to a different phase. Then set the new/second plot to reference that dataset I.e., choose the Datasets appropriately for your plots, in their Settings windows, under Data, to get the phases that you want in each one. I hope that is clear. Good luck.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Yes, it is possible. Under Results, go to Datasets, then (most probably) Solution 1. In the Settings window, under Solution, you can set the "Solution at angle (phase): " If you want to generate two plots together at *different* phases, you can simply duplicate Solution 1 (under Results) and set it to a different phase. Then set the new/second plot to reference that dataset I.e., choose the Datasets appropriately for your plots, in their Settings windows, under Data, to get the phases that you want in each one. I hope that is clear. Good luck.

Posted: 3 years ago 5 ott 2021, 17:05 GMT-4

Thank you very much! This gave me exactly what I needed.

Thank you very much! This gave me exactly what I needed.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.