Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Jacobian error for 3D geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I tried to solve a 3D geometry in RF Physics, consisting of two cylinders (fiber - core and clad) and a removing part on top (ablation) and two stack layers on the top.
Depending on the geometry building steps, I have different errors in the results...

first geometry building steps: two concentric cilinders, a block
union operation for cilinders
substraction for the union and block
two blocks
union

at least this gives no building errors in geometry. But at the frequency analysis, there is a Jacobian error.
Does this errors offen appears due to the
a. step (mesh building) - but I build the mesh on particular for each domain
b. initial conditions
c. when the difference of the layers width are too hight (for instance 40nm and 120um) ?
Best regards.

0 Replies Last Post 4 lug 2012, 07:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gama Muzicala

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.