Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flatten a cylindrical surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My model has a cylindrical geometry and is running a heat transfer simulation. I want to look at the streamline on cylinder surface. I'm wondering if it's possible to cut the surface and flatten it into a 2D temperature plot?

Thank you!

Lillian

1 Reply Last Post 2 dic 2021, 05:20 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2 dic 2021, 05:20 GMT-5
Updated: 3 years ago 2 dic 2021, 05:42 GMT-5

Hi Lillian,

You can do this by adding a Surface dataset that takes your Solution dataset for the 3D heat transfer simulation as its input. Select the cylinder surface or surfaces to include in the 2D surface. You can then use that Surface dataset in a 2D Plot Group and add a Streamline plot to that plot group.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Lillian, You can do this by adding a Surface dataset that takes your Solution dataset for the 3D heat transfer simulation as its input. Select the cylinder surface or surfaces to include in the 2D surface. You can then use that Surface dataset in a 2D Plot Group and add a Streamline plot to that plot group. Best regards, Magnus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.