Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Foil Inductor Simulation - Simulation stuck at 55 % progress

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to simulate a power inductor using foil windings. The core itself is a Kool Mu 60u core (nonlinear) and the windings are made from foil with 14 turns each with a thickness of 0.4mm and breath of 23mm. The distance between each winding is 0.2mm.

I am trying to follow the application from application libraries - inductor_3d, where I am trying to do a stationary solution. The problem I have is the computation of the solution and a large number of DOF (approx 7 million) on my 8GB ram computer. I have also tried solving on a 40GB ram computer where I have simulated over night but the simulation was always stuck at 54-55 %.

Could anybody take a look at my model and see if there could be any improvements to the mesh to reduce the DOF. I have uploaded the .mph file

Would be thankfull for a solution since this is a simulation for my master thesis.

Best Regards

0 Replies Last Post 2 dic 2021, 05:24 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Haris Zukanovic

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.