Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating Force Using QM Stress Tensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The experimental scenario: A beam of particles (Bessel wave function) interacts with a scatterer described by a specific potential energy. The goal is to calculate the force exerted on the scatterers by the beam of particles using the QM Stress Tensor equation provided below:

Which is expressed by potential energy and stationary wave function

The question is how do I provide this stress tensor equation to COMSOL for force calculation?

I have approached the simulation the following interface/study: Physics Interface: Schrödinger Equation (schr) Study: Eigenvalue

I'm completely new to COMSOL QM Simulation. Thus, not really sure which interfaces/modules to employ to perfom this simulation.

I'm trying to reproduce the Figure 1 of https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.118.180401

all equations/physics mentioned here are from Gorlach AA, Gorlach MA, Lavrinenko AV, Novitsky A. Matter-wave tractor beams. Phys Rev Lett 2017; 118: 180401.

0 Replies Last Post 18 dic 2021, 05:10 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello J. Smith

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.