Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

OS X mountain lion (10.8)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Has anyone tested that Comsol 4.3 will work with Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)?

11 Replies Last Post 5 nov 2012, 16:39 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 lug 2012, 15:40 GMT-4
Hi:

Yes, I just installed the shipping version of 10.8, and Comsol 4.3 opened, and was able to open a previous analysis. We may discover issues later, but it seems fine so far...
Hi: Yes, I just installed the shipping version of 10.8, and Comsol 4.3 opened, and was able to open a previous analysis. We may discover issues later, but it seems fine so far...

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 lug 2012, 03:36 GMT-4
What about Comsol 3.5a?
Has anyone tested it with Mountain Lion?

Thanks.
What about Comsol 3.5a? Has anyone tested it with Mountain Lion? Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 lug 2012, 08:34 GMT-4

Hi:

Yes, I just installed the shipping version of 10.8, and Comsol 4.3 opened, and was able to open a previous analysis. We may discover issues later, but it seems fine so far...

I noticed that my Comsol license did not recognize the computer after Mountain Lion update. It seem to react as Comsol had been moved to a new computer.

Although I think it will work with the new download link I received from Comsol to download.
[QUOTE] Hi: Yes, I just installed the shipping version of 10.8, and Comsol 4.3 opened, and was able to open a previous analysis. We may discover issues later, but it seems fine so far... [/QUOTE] I noticed that my Comsol license did not recognize the computer after Mountain Lion update. It seem to react as Comsol had been moved to a new computer. Although I think it will work with the new download link I received from Comsol to download.

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 lug 2012, 02:53 GMT-4
I am also interested to know if COMSOL 3.5a is compatible with OS X mountain lion. Many thanks!
I am also interested to know if COMSOL 3.5a is compatible with OS X mountain lion. Many thanks!

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 lug 2012, 08:28 GMT-4
Hi,
Comsol 3.5a seems to work fine with mountain lion. After the OS upgrade old models open, and also the Matlab interface has not shown any particular problem so far.
Hi, Comsol 3.5a seems to work fine with mountain lion. After the OS upgrade old models open, and also the Matlab interface has not shown any particular problem so far.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 lug 2012, 00:22 GMT-4

Hi,
Comsol 3.5a seems to work fine with mountain lion. After the OS upgrade old models open, and also the Matlab interface has not shown any particular problem so far.

Thank you very much! I had many problems when I did the lion upgrade with COMSOL 3.5a and I had to revert my OS back to snow leopard. Was worried I might encounter similar problems with mountain lion.
[QUOTE] Hi, Comsol 3.5a seems to work fine with mountain lion. After the OS upgrade old models open, and also the Matlab interface has not shown any particular problem so far. [/QUOTE] Thank you very much! I had many problems when I did the lion upgrade with COMSOL 3.5a and I had to revert my OS back to snow leopard. Was worried I might encounter similar problems with mountain lion.

João Paulo Sinnecker

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 ago 2012, 16:42 GMT-4
Hi,

I am also having problems after mountain lion upgrade.
It seems to be related to how the flexlm is detecting the hostid. After mountain lion upgrade the lmhostid is detecting the en1 instead of en0 on my iMac, and my original license was issued for the en0 card.

I am wating for COMSOL support to solve my case.
Hi, I am also having problems after mountain lion upgrade. It seems to be related to how the flexlm is detecting the hostid. After mountain lion upgrade the lmhostid is detecting the en1 instead of en0 on my iMac, and my original license was issued for the en0 card. I am wating for COMSOL support to solve my case.

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 ago 2012, 08:21 GMT-4
A knowledgebase entry has been created for this issue:

Why do I receive License error -9 after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1145/

See also:
The COMSOL Desktop graphics window becomes corrupted after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1144/

Best regards,
Anders Ekerot
COMSOL Technical Support
A knowledgebase entry has been created for this issue: Why do I receive License error -9 after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion? http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1145/ See also: The COMSOL Desktop graphics window becomes corrupted after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1144/ Best regards, Anders Ekerot COMSOL Technical Support

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 set 2012, 03:54 GMT-4
We have an old lab copy of 3.5a that was once installed on our lab simulation computer. We recently upgraded to 10.8 and are attempting to reinstall our old applications and have found it impossible to even load the installer for 3.5a. We have another computer running our 4.2 license, but some of us prefer running older Comsol versions (easier to use!), so we'd really like to keep this going.

For those of you who are running 3.5a in Mountain Lion, how can we get this installed?

If I go into the package and run the installer directly, I get a terminal window stating: "unknown computer architecture".

Any help would be greatly appreciated
We have an old lab copy of 3.5a that was once installed on our lab simulation computer. We recently upgraded to 10.8 and are attempting to reinstall our old applications and have found it impossible to even load the installer for 3.5a. We have another computer running our 4.2 license, but some of us prefer running older Comsol versions (easier to use!), so we'd really like to keep this going. For those of you who are running 3.5a in Mountain Lion, how can we get this installed? If I go into the package and run the installer directly, I get a terminal window stating: "unknown computer architecture". Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ott 2012, 13:59 GMT-4
Greetings,

reading this message list, I found with interest that 3.5a might run on OS X mountain lion.

However, it does not work for me. I have a 2011 MacMini, running 10.8.2. The 4.3 and 4.2a are working fine, but no way for the 3.5a. It does not even start.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much,

friendly greetings,

Alexandru
Greetings, reading this message list, I found with interest that 3.5a might run on OS X mountain lion. However, it does not work for me. I have a 2011 MacMini, running 10.8.2. The 4.3 and 4.2a are working fine, but no way for the 3.5a. It does not even start. Any suggestion? Thank you very much, friendly greetings, Alexandru

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 nov 2012, 16:39 GMT-5
same problem for me: the installation program does not even start... somebody gets a solution?
same problem for me: the installation program does not even start... somebody gets a solution?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.