Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dates on x-axis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo,

Is it possible to put dates on the x-axis of a result (plot) in COMSOL? Right now I have hours adding up, but I want them to be times on specific dates.

Thanks for helping me out!

Kind regards, Simone

2 Replies Last Post 5 mar 2022, 11:54 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 5 mar 2022, 00:45 GMT-5

Well, apparently you can use days as the units of time. That's pretty similar to using dates, right? In plotting the values from a time domain simulation in post processing, you can expand x-Axis Data and choose your units. See the attached partial screen shot. If that's not good enough and you can't find another way, then perhaps it would be easier for you to export the plotted data to Excel, or something like that?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Well, apparently you can use *days* as the units of time. That's pretty similar to using dates, right? In plotting the values from a time domain simulation in post processing, you can expand x-Axis Data and choose your units. See the attached partial screen shot. If that's not good enough and you can't find another way, then perhaps it would be easier for you to export the plotted data to Excel, or something like that?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 5 mar 2022, 11:54 GMT-5

One option may be to generate annotations by a respective JAVA method.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
One option may be to generate annotations by a respective JAVA method. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.