Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem of mesh size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Since I have to simulate the Sound Pressure Level and Impedance from 100 Hz to 20 kHz, the mesh size at 20 kHz must be extremely fine (maximum size of mesh is 3.43 mm). Can I change the wave speed to meet the fix mesh size instead of change the mesh size to meet the fix wave speed?

I tried a trial model to set the wave speed of air is as follow: if(f0<4750[Hz],343[m/s],343[m/s]*4) and the max. mesh size is as follow: if(f0<4750[Hz],343[m/s]/f0/5,12[mm]) where f0 is /12 octave from 100 Hz to 20kHz.

But the SPL seem to have a deep at 4750 Hz, however the impedance curve didn't change.

2 Replies Last Post 23 mar 2022, 21:41 GMT-4
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 23 mar 2022, 04:09 GMT-4

The speed of sound (if that is what you mean) should not be changed. It is independent of whatever problem you are trying to solve.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
The speed of sound (if that is what you mean) should not be changed. It is independent of whatever problem you are trying to solve.

Posted: 2 years ago 23 mar 2022, 21:41 GMT-4

OK, I'll try another way, thank you very much.

OK, I'll try another way, thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.