Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convert the version 3.5 mph file to version 4.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a user of 4.2a and my collaborator is using 3.5. I cannot use the file he sent to me. Would you please help to convert the attached mph file to 4.2a?

Many thanks!

Xiaoxiao

3 Replies Last Post 13 set 2012, 19:41 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 set 2012, 15:13 GMT-4
I don't think that's generally possible.
I don't think that's generally possible.

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 set 2012, 16:44 GMT-4

Hi,

I am a user of 4.2a and my collaborator is using 3.5. I cannot use the file he sent to me. Would you please help to convert the attached mph file to 4.2a?

Many thanks!

Xiaoxiao

It is possible, if you can open first the 3.5 into 3.5a then save as 3.5a which can be opened in 4.x, I think.
[QUOTE] Hi, I am a user of 4.2a and my collaborator is using 3.5. I cannot use the file he sent to me. Would you please help to convert the attached mph file to 4.2a? Many thanks! Xiaoxiao [/QUOTE] It is possible, if you can open first the 3.5 into 3.5a then save as 3.5a which can be opened in 4.x, I think.

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 set 2012, 19:41 GMT-4
Thank you very much! It works.
Thank you very much! It works.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.