Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surfate to evaluate temperature

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear people,
is possible to define a surface where evaluate the temperature average after running simulation?
I try to explain better:
I have the result of a simulation made in university: my computer is too poor to run it. Now at home I must evaluate the temperature of a surface inside my object: is possible without restart simulation?

Thanks a lot. Bye

Roberto

3 Replies Last Post 18 set 2012, 14:48 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 set 2012, 14:01 GMT-4
Hi

I would say you need to define a cut plane orline or use an existing boundary and export that, then you can reload that into another software and analyse from there

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would say you need to define a cut plane orline or use an existing boundary and export that, then you can reload that into another software and analyse from there -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 set 2012, 12:49 GMT-4
Thanks Ivar you are a magician!
Roberto
Thanks Ivar you are a magician! Roberto

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 set 2012, 14:48 GMT-4
Hi

I do not think so (that I'm any magician ;), but I'm sure if you read the doc a few times(more) and play with the models, then try to help others on the Forum, you will become just as "magician" as me ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not think so (that I'm any magician ;), but I'm sure if you read the doc a few times(more) and play with the models, then try to help others on the Forum, you will become just as "magician" as me ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.