Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unwanted created angle in resolved circular spiral using parametric curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I've been working on geometrically recreating a fluid system that contains a circular Archimedean spiral with an increasing diameter. I have been using the blog that is up on the website regarding the use of a parametric curve: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-build-a-parameterized-archimedean-spiral-geometry .

For the increase in diameter i am including an increasing factor in the section 'motion of cross section' in the sweep portion of the process by creating a parameter that increases the factor along the parametric curve. The problem I'm facing is an angle in the z-direction that I did not create intentionally. I would like the radius of the spiral to increase. What am I missing? Including is a photo of the 'pitched' spiral. The result I'm looking for is a spiral with the lower corners on the y-axis.

Hope someone can help!

1 Reply Last Post 18 nov 2022, 08:47 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 18 nov 2022, 08:47 GMT-5

By changing the settings for the work plane to coordinates and changing the values of the coordinate system I've been able to overcome the issue

By changing the settings for the work plane to coordinates and changing the values of the coordinate system I've been able to overcome the issue

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.