Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I Change Classical Theory equation in to Non- CLassical Theory Equation of Plate analysis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

As I am working on plate analysis. As software gives classical theory result but I want to change the equation as well as some mechanical properties of plate so How it can be edit in comsol 6.0 version. I am using this software for my research work and its urgent to get answer using non classical theory like couple stress theory.

Vishal

2 Replies Last Post 9 mar 2023, 10:05 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 20 feb 2023, 02:12 GMT-5

In https://www.comsol.com/model/torsion-of-an-isotropic-cosserat-elastic-cylinder-103441, you can find an example of how to implement a micropolar material for solid mechanics. Doing it for the plate element would be significantly more challenging though. But maybe solid mechanics is sufficent for your analysis, unless the plate is very thin?

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
In , you can find an example of how to implement a micropolar material for solid mechanics. Doing it for the plate element would be significantly more challenging though. But maybe solid mechanics is sufficent for your analysis, unless the plate is very thin?

Posted: 1 year ago 9 mar 2023, 10:05 GMT-5

Plate is very thin and I want to change the Equation of different like couple stress theory. Comsol uses only one theory(Classical). If I want to make changes in result via changes in different theory eqation. how is it possible?. With help of which tool I can change the equation and get different answer from different theory.

Plate is very thin and I want to change the Equation of different like couple stress theory. Comsol uses only one theory(Classical). If I want to make changes in result via changes in different theory eqation. how is it possible?. With help of which tool I can change the equation and get different answer from different theory.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.