Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Getting an error in the absorption cross section calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I have been trying to reproduce the results of an article published online by using the exact parameters they have mentioned in the article. However, the numbers don't come correctly. Basically, I am trying to calculate the absorption cross section and absorbed power of a metal nano particle using electromagnetic wave domain, but I don't seem like getting it right. I am sure there is something silly I am missing out in my calculation. If anyone would point that out would be highly appreciated.

Page-711 and fig 1.

I am not sure if I am allowed to put the article here, if I am not allowed kindly delete the article. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/nn901144d

thank you. kunjalata

1 Reply Last Post 28 feb 2023, 12:05 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 28 feb 2023, 12:05 GMT-5

Hello Kunjalata,

Thank you for posting a link to the article; that is perfectly fine. Posting the article itself would not have been OK (and, as moderator of this forum, I would have had to remove it) since publisher typically do not grant you the right to republish their materials.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Kunjalata, Thank you for posting a link to the article; that is perfectly fine. Posting the article itself would not have been OK (and, as moderator of this forum, I would have had to remove it) since publisher typically do not grant you the right to republish their materials. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.