Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No "Contact" option for Solid Mechanics Physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on testing a solid mechanics simulation and have been following along with the guide. Everything is working out fine, creating contact pairs, using Form Assembly, etc. but when the guide says to add a "contact" condition for the pairs in the physics there is no "contact" option. I'm not sure if options have changed or if I am missing something.

2 Replies Last Post 15 mar 2023, 10:31 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 15 mar 2023, 03:09 GMT-4

Check under Licensed and Used Products. Your GUI looks like you don't have the license for the Structural Mechanics Module, but just the basic solid mechanics functionality that comes with COMSOL Multiphysics itself.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Check under *Licensed and Used Products*. Your GUI looks like you don't have the license for the Structural Mechanics Module, but just the basic solid mechanics functionality that comes with COMSOL Multiphysics itself.

Posted: 1 year ago 15 mar 2023, 10:31 GMT-4
Updated: 1 year ago 15 mar 2023, 10:31 GMT-4

Henrick,

That looks like the issue. Thanks for your help with this.

Henrick, That looks like the issue. Thanks for your help with this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.