Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Starting simulations automatically via waiting list

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

does someone know if it's possible to start more than one simulation at once? Is there something like a waiting list on which I can put different models and then Comsol starts the second job automatically after it has finished the first one?
It would be very helpful for simulations which need a lot of time. One could start several jobs in the evening and they would be finished the next morning.

Thank you for your help.

Sandra

2 Replies Last Post 9 nov 2012, 03:38 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 nov 2012, 01:35 GMT-5
Hi

check the doc about batch processing, with scripts and proper model set up, I believe it's possible,

Even if it's something I have not really tried out, either my models (and make them so) can finish within a reasonable time to drink a coffee (or reply on a few threads here on the Forum) or I leave it over night, worst case over the week-end. But I agree there are simulation models that require days and for that batch processing is useful

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the doc about batch processing, with scripts and proper model set up, I believe it's possible, Even if it's something I have not really tried out, either my models (and make them so) can finish within a reasonable time to drink a coffee (or reply on a few threads here on the Forum) or I leave it over night, worst case over the week-end. But I agree there are simulation models that require days and for that batch processing is useful -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 nov 2012, 03:38 GMT-5
Hi Ivar,

thank you for the tip. I will check this.

Sandra
Hi Ivar, thank you for the tip. I will check this. Sandra

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.