Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Sensitivity Analysis" and "Eigenfrequency solver"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Is there any way that I can perform sensitivity analysis in combination with "eigenfrequency" or "time dependent" solvers?

Thank you,
Masoud

7 Replies Last Post 29 feb 2016, 22:23 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 feb 2010, 01:52 GMT-5
Hi

I assume so, but you should perhap be more precise about your input/output needs, is it the eigenfrequency depending on a geometrical dimension, or a material property or ...?

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I assume so, but you should perhap be more precise about your input/output needs, is it the eigenfrequency depending on a geometrical dimension, or a material property or ...? Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 feb 2010, 12:40 GMT-5
Hi Ivar,

Thank you for your response.

Basically, my problem is that when I choose one of the "time dependent" or "eigenfrequency" solvers in solver parameters, the "optimization" tab gets turned off. Therefore, I cannot arrange any setting for "sensitivity analysis" and hence cannot use "sensitivity analysis" in combination with "eigenfrequency" or "time dependent" solvers. Please see the attached pictures, which are some screenshots from solver parameters.

Anyway, as for your question I should say my problem at hand is an eigenfrequency analysis depending on a geometrical dimension.

Do you think if there is any way that I can have "sensitivity tab" active while using "eigenfrequency" or "transient" solver?

Many thanks,
Masoud
Hi Ivar, Thank you for your response. Basically, my problem is that when I choose one of the "time dependent" or "eigenfrequency" solvers in solver parameters, the "optimization" tab gets turned off. Therefore, I cannot arrange any setting for "sensitivity analysis" and hence cannot use "sensitivity analysis" in combination with "eigenfrequency" or "time dependent" solvers. Please see the attached pictures, which are some screenshots from solver parameters. Anyway, as for your question I should say my problem at hand is an eigenfrequency analysis depending on a geometrical dimension. Do you think if there is any way that I can have "sensitivity tab" active while using "eigenfrequency" or "transient" solver? Many thanks, Masoud

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 mar 2011, 19:14 GMT-5

I have a same problem.

I have a same problem.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 mar 2011, 01:11 GMT-5
Hi
for me that means you need to run it via matlab, as the sensitivity "loops" are not programmed into the GUI for eigenfrequencies, its like adding prestressed eigenfrequency analysis, you MUST go via matlab in v3.5, but no longer in v4 :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me that means you need to run it via matlab, as the sensitivity "loops" are not programmed into the GUI for eigenfrequencies, its like adding prestressed eigenfrequency analysis, you MUST go via matlab in v3.5, but no longer in v4 :) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mar 2011, 23:10 GMT-5
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for your response.

I attempt frequncy topology optimization using comsol.

Where can I get the reference example or letter for using Comsol with matlab.

-jisoo-

Hi Ivar, Thanks for your response. I attempt frequncy topology optimization using comsol. Where can I get the reference example or letter for using Comsol with matlab. -jisoo-

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2011, 00:54 GMT-5
Hi

the way I learned was to study the history "m" files, and the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the way I learned was to study the history "m" files, and the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 8 years ago 29 feb 2016, 22:23 GMT-5
Is topology optimization available for use in the "eigenfrequency" study with 5.2? I am not able to get it to work. Are there any such examples?
Is topology optimization available for use in the "eigenfrequency" study with 5.2? I am not able to get it to work. Are there any such examples?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.