Eigenvalue/Eigenvalue boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear forum,

I have a stationary study of the flow around a cylinder performed in comsol using a nondimensional framework. Now I want to find the leading eigenvalues using this study and I have a couple of questions: 1) How to define the shift value if the eigenvalue is a complex number? Is it correct to say RealPartValue+i*ImaginaryPartValue? 2) I dont find a way to set the boundary conditions of the eigenvalue problem, are they somehow already implemented? So far I tried several options but everytime I get Lambda=0 as results.

Additional question: I have tried to implement the weak formulation of an eigenvalue problem using the Weak Form PDE but again I don't see the boundary condition options. Also, Is it possible to use the data from a SPF study such as velocities and pressure and implement the weak fomulation of an eigenvalue problem?

Reagrds, Robert

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.