Why auxiliary sweep show the same results when sweeping 2 parameters?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When I use an auxiliary sweep in topology optimization to sweep volume constraint and projection slope, my sweep goes like:

• fv: 0.8, 0.7, 0.6
  • beta: range(1, 5, 41)

I thought the sweep should proceed like this:

1. fv = 0.8, beta = 1: Run topology optimization until the objective reaches the maximum. This might take about 5 steps to obtain an optimized structure.

2. Update beta: fv = 0.8, beta = 6

fv = 0.8, beta = 11

fv = 0.8, beta = 16

fv = 0.8, beta = 41

1. Update fv to 0.7:

fv = 0.7, beta = 1

fv = 0.7, beta = 6

fv = 0.7, beta = 11

fv = 0.7, beta = 16

fv = 0.7, beta = 41

1. Update fv to 0.6:

fv = 0.6, beta = 1

fv = 0.6, beta = 6

fv = 0.6, beta = 11

fv = 0.6, beta = 16

fv = 0.6, beta = 41

The simulation should finish after this sequence. However, when I check the obtained data, why are the data values for fv = 0.8, 0.7, and 0.6 all the same?

1 Reply Last Post 25 giu 2024, 07:05 GMT-4
Kristian Ejlebjærg Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 days ago 25 giu 2024, 07:05 GMT-4

Hi Bruce

It sounds like you want to use continuation, but the auxilliary sweep is for inner sweeps/load cases, while you need an outer sweep to do continuation. You might want to have a look at bracket_topology_optimization_stl in the Application Library.

Best regards,

Kristian E. Jensen,

Technical Product Manager, Optimizationn

Hi Bruce It sounds like you want to use continuation, but the auxilliary sweep is for inner sweeps/load cases, while you need an outer sweep to do continuation. You might want to have a look at bracket_topology_optimization_stl in the Application Library. Best regards, Kristian E. Jensen, Technical Product Manager, Optimizationn

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.