Strain Components in Cylindrical Coordinate System

Juan Martin Millan Guerrero

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am applying a strip load on a cylindrical material and I would like to obtain the results of the strain components in cylindrical coordinates (r, phi, a) instead of Cartesian coordinates (x,y,z). The model of the material is linear elastic transversely isotropic.

Can someone help me to figure out how to plot the strain in cylindrical coordinates.

Thank you very much in advance.

Juan Martin Millan

1 Reply Last Post 25 lug 2024, 09:39 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 days ago 25 lug 2024, 09:39 GMT-4

Three possible methods (in order of convenience):

• Use a cylindrical coordinate system in the Linear Elastic Material node. This, of course, assumes that you can represent the transversely isotropic material in that system.
  • Add a Local System Results node under Variables in the Solid Mechanics interface.
  • Add a Matrix Transform node under Definitions (Variable Utilities must be activated from Show More Options).
-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Three possible methods (in order of convenience): * Use a cylindrical coordinate system in the *Linear Elastic Material* node. This, of course, assumes that you can represent the transversely isotropic material in that system. * Add a *Local System Results* node under *Variables* in the Solid Mechanics interface. * Add a *Matrix Transform* node under *Definitions* (*Variable Utilities* must be activated from *Show More Options*).

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.