Poling directions for piezoelectric devices

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear forum,

I'm reevaluating my methods for how to model the electric potential and displacements for my piezo device. My piezo device (AE0203D04DF) displaces along an axis vertical to the direction of the electrodes. So in COMSOL, would it be wrong if the model shows displacement along the same direction as the applied electric field? I’m concerned that I might have been setting the poling directions wrong with my previous simulations.

Further edit: I forgot and realized that in fact the piezo i'm using was a stack actuator, which makes the problem more complicated. The direction of the displacement and the applied electric field would be parallel but identical electric potentials would be stacked in multiple layers. It would help if any body could provide me any suggestions for modeling these kinds of piezo actuators.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.