Axis limits in 3D plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Study summary: COMSOL 6.2, solved a PDE for a function of (x,t), used Parametric Extrusion 1D as input to a surface plot, so I have a nice graph of the solution surface.

The graph view shows the entire x interval, the entire t interval and an appropriate height interval.

I would like to plot the portion of the surface living above a particular subinterval in x only.

Unlike for 2D plots, there is no option to specify axis limits. I've gone through the manual and this form, and can't figure it out.

I wondered whether a cut box was the solution, but, in order to see my surface, I use isotropic camera, which disables cut box and clipping. The explanations of all of this in the manual are unclear to me, as well.

Is it really this complicated to control the limits of 3D plots?

Thanks for any help!

2 Replies Last Post 9 ago 2024, 04:55 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 day ago 8 ago 2024, 08:42 GMT-4

I suggest that you add a Filter subnode to the surface plot and use a filter expression such as "x>=1[m]".

I suggest that you add a Filter subnode to the surface plot and use a filter expression such as "x>=1[m]".

Posted: 14 hours ago 9 ago 2024, 04:55 GMT-4

Using && and two inequalities, I was able to limit the plot to the closed subinterval of interest. Your response to another forum post on axis scaling then helped me fix the view scaling.

Thanks!

Using && and two inequalities, I was able to limit the plot to the closed subinterval of interest. Your response to another forum post on axis scaling then helped me fix the view scaling. Thanks!

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.