3D Solid Mechanics: How to add materials property (elasticity matrix 6x6) to 5 anisotropic bodies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Structural Mechanics Module

User's Guide Solid Mechanics The Solid Mechanics Interface Linear Elastic Material

I have a geometry with 5 (and more) anisotropic bodies. Currently I am manually writing their elasticity matrix, by selecting D = User Defined and then entering 21 data entries in the elasticity matrix. Repeating this five times for five different bodies.

This become quite hectic when I have 10 and more anisotropic bodies.

How do I add it automatically (D = From Materials), using a .csv or .mat or .txt file.

DVoij where ij = 11, 12, 22, 13, 23, 33, 14, 24, 34, 44, 15, 25, 35, 35, 55, 16, 26, 36, 46, 56, 66 ij = ji

Kindly help.

2 Replies Last Post 25 set 2024, 14:49 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 days ago 25 set 2024, 03:21 GMT-4

Hi,

to my knowledge there is no precooked option to do that. But you can set up a model method in Java Code. It will start with something like:

model.component("comp1").material("mat1").propertyGroup().create("Anisotropic", "Anisotropic");

Check the COMSOL Programming Reference Model. It will require some time and focus to get it to run, but the methods are very powerful and it is worthwhile to learn it.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, to my knowledge there is no precooked option to do that. But you can set up a model method in Java Code. It will start with something like: model.component("comp1").material("mat1").propertyGroup().create("Anisotropic", "Anisotropic"); Check the COMSOL Programming Reference Model. It will require some time and focus to get it to run, but the methods are very powerful and it is worthwhile to learn it. Cheers Edgar

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 days ago 25 set 2024, 14:49 GMT-4

Is it really 5 different anisotropic materials, or just 5 orientations of the same material? In the latter case you can use one material, and just assign different coordinate systems to each domain.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Is it really 5 different anisotropic materials, or just 5 orientations of the same material? In the latter case you can use one material, and just assign different coordinate systems to each domain.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.