MHD Model not scaling to longer simulation times

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on a magneto-hydro-thermodynamic model (coupling magnetic, fluids, and heat equations: MHD module, electromagnetic heating, non-isothermal flow). I have a couple of questions:

1. Study 1 (Frequency-transient) converges when input my times as (0,1s,10s) but fails to converge for larger simulation times ex. (0,1[min],1[h]). How do I resolve this?
  2. Study 2 (Frequency-stationary) I have used this to check the physics. This gives me temperature values of the order of 10^9. How do I conduct a physics sanity check - the output values here seem fishy?
  3. Do the couplings look alright? since the convection is not really seen as a velocity-like pattern, although this is probably because of my question 1 - simulation not running for enough time.

Any help on solving this or how to proceed with analyzing possible solutions is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.