Questions for data generation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I'm a postgraduate using COMSOL for my research.There is a question that I want to know How to obtain COMSOL-generated data, such as temperature distribution data, based on a set sampling point by myself.This is important for me.Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 14 ott 2024, 07:48 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 days ago 14 ott 2024, 07:48 GMT-4
Updated: 4 days ago 14 ott 2024, 11:50 GMT-4

You have a couple of options.

• You can define point probes, that evaluate during computation. The probes can be very useful to see in real time how the computation proceeds.

• You can insert points into the geometry and evaluate them in derived value nodes in post processing.

• You can define cut point datasets in post processing and evaluate in derived values.

All these evaluations can be written to tables that can be exported.

Check the documentation for details,

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You have a couple of options. - You can define point probes, that evaluate during computation. The probes can be very useful to see in real time how the computation proceeds. - You can insert points into the geometry and evaluate them in derived value nodes in post processing. - You can define cut point datasets in post processing and evaluate in derived values. All these evaluations can be written to tables that can be exported. Check the documentation for details, Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.