Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use Laminar Flow Pressure results in Solid Mechanics, help?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I need to use as an input in the Solid Mecanic module the Pressure results from Laminar Flow calculations. Can anyone explain me how to do this?

thank you for yor answer.

Best regards,
Leonardo.

3 Replies Last Post 24 gen 2016, 21:38 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 feb 2013, 15:22 GMT-5
Hi

Depending on your physics, you need to identify the Fluid pressure variable name (probably just "p") then you must ensure its valid on the common fluid - structure boundary.
Then you add a boundary load to the solid, select the boundaryof the fluid - structure I/F (interface) and add a pressure value of "p"

if the fluid has been solved (fluid flow before Solid) then COMSOl might alredy propose the link tothe other physics pressure variable for you in the Boundary load node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Depending on your physics, you need to identify the Fluid pressure variable name (probably just "p") then you must ensure its valid on the common fluid - structure boundary. Then you add a boundary load to the solid, select the boundaryof the fluid - structure I/F (interface) and add a pressure value of "p" if the fluid has been solved (fluid flow before Solid) then COMSOl might alredy propose the link tothe other physics pressure variable for you in the Boundary load node -- Good luck Ivar

Fanny Crossphy Cibiyal

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 nov 2013, 08:32 GMT-5
hi
i am doing my project in digital microfluidics for that i need to apply different amount of voltage between an array of electrodes and a continous electrode and i want to apply laminar flow for the droplet actuation. can anyone help me to do this?

with regards
fanny
hi i am doing my project in digital microfluidics for that i need to apply different amount of voltage between an array of electrodes and a continous electrode and i want to apply laminar flow for the droplet actuation. can anyone help me to do this? with regards fanny

Posted: 8 years ago 24 gen 2016, 21:38 GMT-5
I have a two-phase level-set laminar flow system with an adaptive mesh refinement, and it causes issues with my Solid Mechanics coupling. Do you know of any way to get the adaptive mesh refinement to only solve around the fluid structure interface?
I have a two-phase level-set laminar flow system with an adaptive mesh refinement, and it causes issues with my Solid Mechanics coupling. Do you know of any way to get the adaptive mesh refinement to only solve around the fluid structure interface?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.