Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid Oxide Fuel cell (SOFC) model in fuel cell and batteries section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All

I was using the solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) model available in the COMSOL library of Batteries and Fuel cell. However in that model, I found that the user needs to input the inlet velocities at the anode and cathode respectively which remains unchanged.

In actual fuel cell the inlet velocities change depending upon the applied load. Only the respective stoichiometries (multiples of the actual consumed reactant) at anode and cathode remain constant. If anybody else has used the same fuel cell model and find this problem or if someone has used a different approach to vary the velocities, their assistance would very much be appreciated.

Regards
Abhishek Raj

1 Reply Last Post 15 giu 2016, 03:23 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abhishek Raj

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Alireza Setayesh hagh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 giu 2016, 03:23 GMT-4
Dear Mr Raj

I have been trying to validate the available comsol model result with experimental results both SOFC and

PEMFC that there has been huge difference between the model result and reference of model essay

outcomes is there any approach to solve this problem.

Best
Dear Mr Raj I have been trying to validate the available comsol model result with experimental results both SOFC and PEMFC that there has been huge difference between the model result and reference of model essay outcomes is there any approach to solve this problem. Best

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.