Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem assignment of material parameters (properties) in porous materials

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using poroelasticity module. There are porous material and fluid in the model. When I assign the properties of porous material or fluid, I need to choose which domain I should assign. The fluid and porous materials are at the same domain, because fluid exists in the void of porous materials. So after I assign the properties of the porous materials, for example, density, to a certain domain, I need to assign the properties of fluid to the same domain. But the question is that after I assign the properties of fluid to this domain, the assignment of properties of porous materials will be overridden by the properties of fluid.

So my question is that how do I assign the material parameters of fluid which exists in the void of porous materials to the domain? Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 20 feb 2013, 16:10 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 feb 2013, 11:55 GMT-5
Check Phase Change model from Heat transfer it will give you an idea how to assign properties to porous matrix
An alternative method (equation wise) is shown in Boiling of water model (check definitions part: kappa Cp etc.)
Check Phase Change model from Heat transfer it will give you an idea how to assign properties to porous matrix An alternative method (equation wise) is shown in Boiling of water model (check definitions part: kappa Cp etc.)

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 feb 2013, 16:10 GMT-5

Check Phase Change model from Heat transfer it will give you an idea how to assign properties to porous matrix
An alternative method (equation wise) is shown in Boiling of water model (check definitions part: kappa Cp etc.)

Thanks a lot.
It helps me a lot.

[QUOTE] Check Phase Change model from Heat transfer it will give you an idea how to assign properties to porous matrix An alternative method (equation wise) is shown in Boiling of water model (check definitions part: kappa Cp etc.) [/QUOTE] Thanks a lot. It helps me a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.