Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Output pressure of the transducer in frequency domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,everyone
I'm doing research in capacitive ultrasonic transducer. I use the electromechanic model and want to observe the output pressure in the frequency domain. Now I can add the biased voltage which contains both Vdc and Vac. But it's in the time domain. But it can't run in the frequency domain. Could anyone tell me how to make it in the frequency domain please? Thank you!

5 Replies Last Post 14 mar 2013, 02:40 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mar 2013, 11:07 GMT-4
Hi

you need to apply a harmonic perturbation excitation onto a stressed state, check the doc and licences if you have the options, its one of the new combined solver settings

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to apply a harmonic perturbation excitation onto a stressed state, check the doc and licences if you have the options, its one of the new combined solver settings -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mar 2013, 22:55 GMT-4

Hi

you need to apply a harmonic perturbation excitation onto a stressed state, check the doc and licences if you have the options, its one of the new combined solver settings

--
Good luck
Ivar

Dear Ivar
Thank you for your reply! Now I have realized a little how to make it. But I have a problem, now I want to couple two physics, one is electromechanics, the other is acoustic. Then I want to get the velocity from the emi, then input the velocity and output the pressure from the acoustic. So could you make a direction how to couple them together please?thank you!
[QUOTE] Hi you need to apply a harmonic perturbation excitation onto a stressed state, check the doc and licences if you have the options, its one of the new combined solver settings -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Dear Ivar Thank you for your reply! Now I have realized a little how to make it. But I have a problem, now I want to couple two physics, one is electromechanics, the other is acoustic. Then I want to get the velocity from the emi, then input the velocity and output the pressure from the acoustic. So could you make a direction how to couple them together please?thank you!

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mar 2013, 22:59 GMT-4

Hi

--
Good luck
Ivar

Or please give me some help documentation in comsol please, thank you!
[QUOTE] Hi you need to apply a harmonic perturbation excitation onto a stressed state, check the doc and licences if you have the options, its one of the new combined solver settings -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Or please give me some help documentation in comsol please, thank you!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mar 2013, 02:36 GMT-4
Hi

unfortunately I do not have the ACO module, so I have not played with that type of coupling, would like to though ;)

Hears if you have a challenging model, well my only advice go step by step, one physics at the time then combine.

But there must be other out here having done this before ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi unfortunately I do not have the ACO module, so I have not played with that type of coupling, would like to though ;) Hears if you have a challenging model, well my only advice go step by step, one physics at the time then combine. But there must be other out here having done this before ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mar 2013, 02:40 GMT-4
Dear Ivar,
Thank you all the same! I will have a try.
Dear Ivar, Thank you all the same! I will have a try.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.