Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Regarding Hand Tool in work plane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to design a complex and very minute pattern in micro-meter scale on a work plane but I am not able to figure out how to move the plane while working, I need to zoom in and out again and again to move it.

Is there any "Hand Tool" which I can use to move the plane?

4 Replies Last Post 20 mar 2013, 15:06 GMT-4
spp66 Autonomous Vehicles / Robotics

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mar 2013, 10:08 GMT-4

Hello,

I am trying to design a complex and very minute pattern in micro-meter scale on a work plane but I am not able to figure out how to move the plane while working, I need to zoom in and out again and again to move it.

Is there any "Hand Tool" which I can use to move the plane?

I am facing a similar problem. While working on geometry in micrometers I need to zoom in and out while drawing an object. If that is not done, object created is not solid (polygon created is not solid).
[QUOTE] Hello, I am trying to design a complex and very minute pattern in micro-meter scale on a work plane but I am not able to figure out how to move the plane while working, I need to zoom in and out again and again to move it. Is there any "Hand Tool" which I can use to move the plane? [/QUOTE] I am facing a similar problem. While working on geometry in micrometers I need to zoom in and out while drawing an object. If that is not done, object created is not solid (polygon created is not solid).

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mar 2013, 11:12 GMT-4
Hi

have you tried to turn off the "respect axis scaling" in the View subnode "axis". this is often handy when working with mems type structures.

Also what I do, I add a few views, and in the different I add hide entities or objects (for geometries) then its easier to work on the different parts, the scale is a bit odd, and its not very usefull to chekc meshings like that, therefore I lieve the first default view in "default" settings, and you just click on the view and its there (there are somethig to define user views too, never used it check the videos and doc)

Finall ,all plots can be referred to particular views (and/or Results - views nodes) , by default the main node setting is set to "automatic" = current active view, but you can refer to your preferred one

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to turn off the "respect axis scaling" in the View subnode "axis". this is often handy when working with mems type structures. Also what I do, I add a few views, and in the different I add hide entities or objects (for geometries) then its easier to work on the different parts, the scale is a bit odd, and its not very usefull to chekc meshings like that, therefore I lieve the first default view in "default" settings, and you just click on the view and its there (there are somethig to define user views too, never used it check the videos and doc) Finall ,all plots can be referred to particular views (and/or Results - views nodes) , by default the main node setting is set to "automatic" = current active view, but you can refer to your preferred one -- Good luck Ivar

spp66 Autonomous Vehicles / Robotics

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 mar 2013, 11:20 GMT-4

Hi

have you tried to turn off the "respect axis scaling" in the View subnode "axis". this is often handy when working with mems type structures.

Also what I do, I add a few views, and in the different I add hide entities or objects (for geometries) then its easier to work on the different parts, the scale is a bit odd, and its not very usefull to chekc meshings like that, therefore I lieve the first default view in "default" settings, and you just click on the view and its there (there are somethig to define user views too, never used it check the videos and doc)

Finall ,all plots can be referred to particular views (and/or Results - views nodes) , by default the main node setting is set to "automatic" = current active view, but you can refer to your preferred one

--
Good luck
Ivar

Can you please attach an example model for me to understand...That would help me.
Attach a MEMS structure if possible.

Thank You.
[QUOTE] Hi have you tried to turn off the "respect axis scaling" in the View subnode "axis". this is often handy when working with mems type structures. Also what I do, I add a few views, and in the different I add hide entities or objects (for geometries) then its easier to work on the different parts, the scale is a bit odd, and its not very usefull to chekc meshings like that, therefore I lieve the first default view in "default" settings, and you just click on the view and its there (there are somethig to define user views too, never used it check the videos and doc) Finall ,all plots can be referred to particular views (and/or Results - views nodes) , by default the main node setting is set to "automatic" = current active view, but you can refer to your preferred one -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Can you please attach an example model for me to understand...That would help me. Attach a MEMS structure if possible. Thank You.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 mar 2013, 15:06 GMT-4
Hi
take a look, this is for 2D, its almost the same in 3D

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi take a look, this is for 2D, its almost the same in 3D -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.