Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric sweep and geometry change

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

a,b,theta_a and theta_b are global geometry parameters. theta_a = 2/a, and theta_b = 2/b. a,b,theta_a, and theta_b are all used in geometry creation.

I am running a parametric sweep for parameters a and b. When I do this the geometry that is created is not correct. The geometry created for each pair of a and b reflect the change in a and b but does not calculate a new theta_a and a new theta_b. Hence my geometry looks weird.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 28 mar 2013, 03:15 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mar 2013, 03:15 GMT-4
Hi

Parameters are static hence only evaluated at solver start, I would suggest to write those dependent equation directly in the geometry nodes.
Else they must be defined as global variables (that varies during solving), if the geoemtry accepts those (I havnt checked that)

Static Parameters can only be changed/reevaluated with the solver "parameter" node

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Parameters are static hence only evaluated at solver start, I would suggest to write those dependent equation directly in the geometry nodes. Else they must be defined as global variables (that varies during solving), if the geoemtry accepts those (I havnt checked that) Static Parameters can only be changed/reevaluated with the solver "parameter" node -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.