Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot of a line between two points in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I need to plot a line that describe the electric field between two points in 3D. I tried the way I used to try in 2 D but obviously it didn't work as I wanted. It didn't give me the plot I expected. I thought the reason was that when I click the point it does not penetrate the surface. So all the plots that I could do is on the surface. This is not what I want. I want a point from the core of the sphere to half of the cylinder.

Attached is my model, the expected plot and the wrong plot I am getting.

Do you know how I can penetrate the surface and generate a plot from a point in the core to any point from the cylinder?

I'd really appreciate any insight :)

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 4 apr 2013, 05:20 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 apr 2013, 05:20 GMT-4
hi,

I think you have to insert each point's coordinates directly in the Cut Line 3D.

core : x 0 y 0 z 0
side of cylinder : x 100 y 0 z 0

hi, I think you have to insert each point's coordinates directly in the Cut Line 3D. core : x 0 y 0 z 0 side of cylinder : x 100 y 0 z 0

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.