Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Linking a Porous Media Flow to a Transport of Concentrated Species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have created a chamber that has sugar water running through a compartment and carbon cloth modeled by a free and porous media flow physics. I also want to create a transport of a concentrated species to model where the sugar is in the solution as it flows through this chamber. My questions are as follows:

Is it possible to link a transport of concentrated species physics to a porous media flow physics while using incomplete geometries? I don't care where the sugar end up in the carbon cloth, so I have deselected it for the geometries, and have been receiving negative feedback from the software.

How do you handle a physics when certain parts of the geometry have different characteristics? For example, the carbon cloth would have a different diffusion coefficient in comparison to the purely fluid filled chamber, however I cannot find where I can mathematically represent this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Payton G

2 Replies Last Post 10 apr 2014, 12:27 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 apr 2013, 10:23 GMT-4
Bump. Still struggling to find a solution to this question.
Bump. Still struggling to find a solution to this question.

Mario Emilio Desiderio

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 apr 2014, 12:27 GMT-4
Me too i'm trying to search a solution for a problem like this.
I'm using the 4.3 version but i can't choose the species in the internal domain with the model "Trasport in concentrated species" while i need set a continuity B.C for the species from external to internal domain.
Please give us a solution.
Hi Mario
Me too i'm trying to search a solution for a problem like this. I'm using the 4.3 version but i can't choose the species in the internal domain with the model "Trasport in concentrated species" while i need set a continuity B.C for the species from external to internal domain. Please give us a solution. Hi Mario

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.