Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Animation depending on distance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello dear Comsol gurus,

I have made a CFD simulation (stationary) which is based on the model library example of the static mixer. I have also generated the slices and surfaces to see how my fluids are being mixed (using concentration results) but I would like to make an animation with them.

Is there a way to make an animation using the slices (or surfaces)? This animation then would depend on the distance (on x for example) and not on time.

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Miguel

3 Replies Last Post 9 apr 2013, 14:17 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 apr 2013, 08:26 GMT-4

Is there a way to make an animation using the slices (or surfaces)? This animation then would depend on the distance (on x for example) and not on time.

Try the following:

- Global Definitions > Parameters: Add a parameter that denotes the plane's position. Let's call it x_plane.

- Results: Add a 3D plot group, and add a slice plot to the plot group.

- In the slice plot: Set entry method to Coordinates and x-coordinates to x_plane.

- Results > Export: Add a Player.

- In the Player: Set Sequence type to Result Parameter, Parameter to x_plane, and enter the values that you want to vary x_plane between in the Start and Stop fields, respectively.

- Play.

[QUOTE] Is there a way to make an animation using the slices (or surfaces)? This animation then would depend on the distance (on x for example) and not on time. [/QUOTE] Try the following: - Global Definitions > Parameters: Add a parameter that denotes the plane's position. Let's call it x_plane. - Results: Add a 3D plot group, and add a slice plot to the plot group. - In the slice plot: Set entry method to Coordinates and x-coordinates to x_plane. - Results > Export: Add a Player. - In the Player: Set Sequence type to Result Parameter, Parameter to x_plane, and enter the values that you want to vary x_plane between in the Start and Stop fields, respectively. - Play.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 apr 2013, 09:06 GMT-4
Dear Mr. Andersson,

thank you very much for your answer, the animation was succesfully created!.

Best regards

Miguel Terán
Dear Mr. Andersson, thank you very much for your answer, the animation was succesfully created!. Best regards Miguel Terán

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 apr 2013, 14:17 GMT-4
Hi

check the export animation tab and related help, ay parametric sweep (incl time sweep) can be exported as an animation, from my understanding

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the export animation tab and related help, ay parametric sweep (incl time sweep) can be exported as an animation, from my understanding -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.