Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaluation of calculated parameters on a specific grid of points

Matthieu Dalban-Canassy

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am doing some calculations on solenoid magnets and would like to get the magnetic flux density vectorial components at specific points of a helix that are defined in an external file. I would like to get the calculations of B at the points defined in the file in both axisymmetric and 3D configurations. Is there a straightforward way of doing this?
Thanks in advance, let me know if you want need more details to answer this question.
Mat

1 Reply Last Post 14 apr 2013, 05:53 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 apr 2013, 05:53 GMT-4
Hi

I use two-three different was, for such cases, either I make the geometry such that I have points, edges, or surfaces defind in the geoemtry where I want to measure, or I use "probe plots" which allows for free point edge definitions, such as the Data Set cut plane, line point(s) options.

If the first is handy to use for solving purpouse (you get an average value overa surface, or an edge, or a point value as the integration over the single point, but take car of possible singularitites over points), the latter two are useful for postprocessing

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I use two-three different was, for such cases, either I make the geometry such that I have points, edges, or surfaces defind in the geoemtry where I want to measure, or I use "probe plots" which allows for free point edge definitions, such as the Data Set cut plane, line point(s) options. If the first is handy to use for solving purpouse (you get an average value overa surface, or an edge, or a point value as the integration over the single point, but take car of possible singularitites over points), the latter two are useful for postprocessing -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.