Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"segiter" ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!
I need a help please.

what is the parameter "segiter" in pairs contact?

4 Replies Last Post 3 giu 2013, 03:54 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mag 2013, 08:33 GMT-4
Hi,

'segiter' is the 'number of the iteration in the segregated solver'. It is used for relaxing the penalty factor during the first iterations when large overclosures may occur.

From version 4.3b, the corresponding expression instead contains the variable niterCMP which is more general. It is the 'number of the nonlinear iteration', which is defined also for a fully coupled solver.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, 'segiter' is the 'number of the iteration in the segregated solver'. It is used for relaxing the penalty factor during the first iterations when large overclosures may occur. From version 4.3b, the corresponding expression instead contains the variable niterCMP which is more general. It is the 'number of the nonlinear iteration', which is defined also for a fully coupled solver. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mag 2013, 08:46 GMT-4

where i find the value of this parameter ? The default value.

Thank you
where i find the value of this parameter ? The default value. Thank you

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mag 2013, 10:23 GMT-4

where i find the value of this parameter ? The default value.

Thank you

It is the iteration counter. 1 in the first iteration, 2 in the second etc.

Regards,
Henrik
[QUOTE] where i find the value of this parameter ? The default value. Thank you [/QUOTE] It is the iteration counter. 1 in the first iteration, 2 in the second etc. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 giu 2013, 03:54 GMT-4
Thank you
Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.