Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing of Fluid structure interaction in a blood vessel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi all,

I am doing a FSI steady state analysis of blood vessel, the fluid domain surrounds by 4 layers (solid domains). the thickness of fluid domain is in millimeters but solid domains have diameters in micro meters. I tried different mesh like free triangular, mapped, quad and edge type but the solution gives error of negative square power error . But when i apply free triangular , there are too much elements are created that my computer hangs up.

Can anyone can help me , i have attached file of 4.2a version

regards

Ali

2 Replies Last Post 17 giu 2013, 23:43 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 giu 2013, 14:51 GMT-4
Hi Ali,

I've done a similar problem in 3D with simpler geometry (straight tubes). My tube wall only consists of one layer and its thickness is much smaller than the the tube radius. Therefore, I could take advantage of the shell element. However, this approach doesn't work for you as you have multiple layers.

To mesh thin layers, you can try mesh a cross-section of your vessel and then sweep through the length.

Thanks,

Shuping
Hi Ali, I've done a similar problem in 3D with simpler geometry (straight tubes). My tube wall only consists of one layer and its thickness is much smaller than the the tube radius. Therefore, I could take advantage of the shell element. However, this approach doesn't work for you as you have multiple layers. To mesh thin layers, you can try mesh a cross-section of your vessel and then sweep through the length. Thanks, Shuping

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 giu 2013, 23:43 GMT-4
Shuping,

Thank u for ur help. I have tried by meshing cross section of layers with edge and then using free triangular for remaining (length ) of walls. but unfortunately it didn't work.

I hope for some other help

regards

Ali
Shuping, Thank u for ur help. I have tried by meshing cross section of layers with edge and then using free triangular for remaining (length ) of walls. but unfortunately it didn't work. I hope for some other help regards Ali

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.