Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Induction heating electromagnetic equation

Nestor Bolaños Rodriguez

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i'm looking at the electromagnetic equation on the induction heating domain and I'm wondering about the terms multiplied by the potential vector. From which equations do they come?
I attached a photo that shows the terms I'm referring to.

2 Replies Last Post 24 giu 2013, 02:57 GMT-4
Nestor Bolaños Rodriguez

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 giu 2013, 14:52 GMT-4
Any ideas?
Any ideas?

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 giu 2013, 02:57 GMT-4
Hi

you can derive this from Maxwell-equations in potential formulation plus Ohm's law
for time-harmonic fields:

in brief:

j = sigma*E = -sigma * dA/dt = i*omega*sigma*A

The second term is from the displaceemnt current and for electromagnetic waves
that should not influence induction heating.

Jens
Hi you can derive this from Maxwell-equations in potential formulation plus Ohm's law for time-harmonic fields: in brief: j = sigma*E = -sigma * dA/dt = i*omega*sigma*A The second term is from the displaceemnt current and for electromagnetic waves that should not influence induction heating. Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.